- It is not uncommon for a payday lender to contact your employer
- They will call to speak to you rather than your boss
- The purpose of the call is usually to verify your employment details
Will Payday Lenders Call My Boss?
It is very common for payday loan applicants to worry about lenders contacting their employers. However, payday lenders will not contact your employer as part of the underwriting process.
A payday lender will only call your place of work to speak to you, not to speak to your boss.
There is no need to be worried about the awkwardness of having a payday lender contacting your boss, as this is not part of the process when applying for receiving your payday loan.
There are a few reasons why a payday lender might contact your employer so we’ve covered all those reasons below.
Why Might a Payday Lender Contact My Place of Work?
- To prove you are employed – Because you need to have a regular income of at least $800 a month to be eligible for a payday loan, your lender may need to get in contact with you at your place of work to confirm that you are employed. If your lender calls your place of employment and is able to get through to you, this is a very good indication that you work there.They will not need to talk to your boss, they will just need to be put through to you.
- To confirm the information you have provided to them – Typically a payday lender will get in contact with you to confirm the details you have provided them with, including how much you wish to borrow and how long you need to borrow it for. Usually this will happen over the phone on your personal number or via email. However, if they are not able to contact you they may try your work number.
- If you have failed to repay your loan – If you have failed to repay your loan, your lender will need to get in contact with you. After trying you on your email and personal number, they may try calling your work number to get in contact with you. However, as before, this will only ever be to talk to you, not to talk to your boss.
How Will a Payday Lender Decide if I am Eligible for a Loan?
Although a payday lender will not get in contact with your boss, there are certain requirements that make you eligible for a payday loan. Firstly you will need to be a US citizen. You will need to have a permanent US address, which will provide as part of your application for the loan. You will also need to have a checking account, the details of which you will provide as part of your application. To be eligible for a payday loan with Finger Finance, you also need to have a regular income of at least $800. As part of the application process you will provide your details of employment which will confirm that you receive a regular wage. The last thing you need, is to be over the age of 18, so you’ll need to provide your date of birth.
Applying for a payday loan with Finger Finance is quick and easy. Our 100% online application process means wherever you are in the US, it’s simple to apply for a loan. You can apply for a payday loan, and visit our homepage to find out more about borrowing with Finger Finance.